Music Magazine Double Page Spread Final Draft


This is my final double page spread. I have decided to remove the white box that the writing was in and I have also extended my interview to add more detail to it. I think that by extending the interview it has also improved the layout of my double page spread as it fits better in to the space whereas before there was too much white space on the page making it look incomplete. The style of my article is quite light and conversational, I did not want to make my interview too intense as I want it to appeal to young teenagers and it is also an interview to introduce the artist so I felt that it shouldn't be too personal as that people will not yet be interested in the details of the artists life if they are very new. I have created the interview as a way of introducing the artist to people without be too intense and scaring people off. Also by including some leading text it gives the reader a chance to quickly see what the interview is about before reading the whole thing. I think that this is something beneficial to my magazine when considering the target audience are fairly young and may not want to read the whole article so by adding leading text it give them a chance to see what the article is about before they read it. I have placed a pull quote in my article in order to quickly attract attention to my article, I think that this pull quote is appropriate as it reveal something about the featured artist which is the purpose of an interview. I have chosen not to put a by-line at the end of my article as I do not think that this is something that will interest my target audience of teenagers, instead I have added in an achor informing readers of the release date of the artists album in order to close the interview. I did this as I think that this is something the reader and my target audience will be interested in. I have changed my slug to read "Exclusive" rather than "POP" as I did not want to have the mast head of the magazine also being the slug on my double page spread. I think that by using the word exclusive it can add excitement to the interview as it is a punchy and straight to the point slug that informs the reader quickly of the content of the page. I used the same font for the slug as that on the masthead on my cover which is NeoRetroDraw. I think that by using this decorative font continuously it creates consistency in my magazine and a small link between all the pages so that each page doesn't look like it could come from a different magazine. I have also continued my colour scheme from the cover page in order to create consistency throughout the magazine and to ensure the reader is not overbeared my too many colours and styles going on. Although I am creating a pop magazine I have decided not to use bright ostentatious colours as an attempt to subvert stereotypes as I do not want my magazine to come across as cheesy. For the image on the double page spread I have decided to only use one unlike my original plan, I did this to unclutter the page and create a simpler looking layout that will not confuse the audience. My image is a close up of my featured artist; I think that because I have used a close up it can seem more informal. I have also asked my model to smile as I think this can draw the reader in more to the article and make it seem more inviting. In the bottom corners of each page I have added a page number to tell the reader what page they are on and creates a sense of organisation in the magazine. I have also added the magazine website next to one of the page numbers in order to publicise the magazine further and as to inform the reader of where they may find more information on the featured artist or the magazine if they wish to.

No comments:

Post a Comment